Due to taking on the wonderful assignment of “Granny Nanny” in New York City for the next ten months, Shirley will not be accepting new speaking or teaching engagements until after June 1, 2012, when she will once again return to full-time writing, speaking, and consulting.
The 2011 events listed below give you a sample of topics and venues Shirley enjoys. You may contact her at shirley.showalter (at) gmail.com to request a keynote, workshop, retreat, or other speaking assignment to begin after June 1, 2012.
1. April 16, 2011, At the Annual Banquet of the Lancaster County Mennonite Historical Society, “What is the Purpose of Memory?” Press release.
2. April 29, 30, 2011, May 1 Annual Association Spring Meeting, “Dancing with Change.”http://www.lmhs.org/Home/Events/Annual_Banquet
3. May 12, 2011, Monthly Memoir Writing Roundtable. Teleconference. 4 PM PST |5 PM MST | 6 PM CST | 7 PM EST , “Land That I Love: Writing About Places in Memoir.” More details available at National Association of Memoir Writers website: www.namw.org
4. June 4, 2011, Garden Spot Village, New Holland, PA.
Your memories coming alive: Writing your memoir
Learn about the importance of memories, and how to document them in writing. Writing is a spiritual tool you can use to create the storyline of your life. It’s a way to inspire others to tell their stories. There will be discussion of specific techniques and approaches, and additional training needed to write your story.
5. June 12-16, Women’s Advanced Leadership Training, CCCU-sponsored for women leaders in Christian Higher Education, Bellingham, WA.